Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Redecorating


If you've been here before, you'll note that I've done a little bit of redecorating.  In the past, I may have just abandoned this page completely and started a new one.  But I've just looked at the LAST blog that I left behind and I actually rather miss it.  This time, I know I need a change, but I'm going about it a little differently.  Why not turn this place into what I want, instead of wiping it all out?  I'll just consider it growth. =)  I'll probably continue to make a few tweaks here and there, but for now, I like that it's brighter than before.  And the fact that I prefer brighter is a very good sign. 

Much of the inspiration has come from the work that I've done with Karen's Path Finder class.  With her help, I was finally able to come up with my word for the year (I know it's already almost mid-year, but better late than never).  The word?  Bloom. 

Some of Merriam-Webster's definition of bloom: 
"to mature into achievement of one's potential"
"to flourish in youthful beauty, freshness, or excellence"
"an outward evidence of freshness or healthy vigor"
and even: 
"a bar of iron or steel hammered or rolled from an ingot"

I like it.  Now on to the next step-- finding ways to bloom.

2 comments:

  1. i love the new look :) I also had another blog once upon a time during our first deployment and I abandoned it. I still feel bad about that poor little blog....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lora! I think it all went awry when I started thinking I needed to find my own "niche" and needed a "theme" and everything else of the sort. I was doing fine when I was just writing what I felt. Lesson learned.

      Delete